One of the worst parts of storm season is the frequent power outages! The simple conveniences of power – such as charging your phone or cooking dinner are taken away in a split second, causing unnecessary stress on the household.
At Amplify, we think having a reliable source of back-up power is an essential part of storm preparations. Back-up power, like what is provided by a generator, will help keep you safe, warm, fed and connected even when the weather is wild outside!
Here are a couple of steps you can take to ensure that you make your home generator ready and reliable power ready to go for when storms hit:
- Speak with your licensed electrician for what portable generators are recommended for your installation.
- Have your electrician attend site to review your switchboard and see if any amendments need to be made for the generator changeover switch installation.
- Have the electrician install the generator changeover switch.
- Test the equipment with your electrician on site.
- Familiarise yourself with the Do’s and Don’ts of running a portable generator.
We’ve been installing a number of changeover switches for our clients recently. Give us a call today and we can provide an all inclusive quote to have your generator up and running ASAP!